Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Planning, planning and more planning....it is time for some serious belt-tightening in January!

The last couple of days I have been planning, shopping for and preparing food for this month. I did one large shopping trip yesterday that more or less will be it for this month. (At least that is the plan!) There were only a couple of things left on our list and those I picked up today and now I am going to try to make it through the month without stepping foot in any store much. 

The food challenge I was doing inspired me to really plan this months meals and groceries, down to the smallest detail. As a result, I have set a very tight budget for us for the month. At the end of the month I will let you know what that budget was and how it panned out. Was I successful? What did I buy/what did we eat? and so forth. 


The budgeted amount accounts for: 
- all food
- all toiletries
- diapers (granted we only use disposables at night)
- paper goods (including toilet paper)
- cleaning supplies (which thankfully I am pretty well stocked for now I think) 

Now off to bed, I had a productive day making 115 meatballs, 9 burgers, 2 meat loaves, 2 portions cauliflower/sweet potato mash, 4 lentil stew kits, a crock pot chicken, stock, pasta/pizza sauce and I am sure something else too that I already forgot. 

Here is to a well-planned food month! Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment