Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 14th is National Organize Your Home Day! Part 2

Ok, so as promised here I did P.A.R.T.Y (Put Away Random Things, Yeah!) today in honor of NOYH (National Organize Your Home) Day.

The three areas I decided to tackle were the storage shelves in my kitchen, the top of the refrigerator and the top of the washer and dryer.

Here are the before and after pictures to show what kind of difference a little bit of time and energy made in making those spots more organized.

Take a look....

The Storage Shelves in the Kitchen



Yeah ....lots of random things here and everything on the very top are "put out of reach of kids, at least for now, and I will get to it later, oh but wait, I forgot and/or did not feel like it so it is still there...oops!" stuff .



Oh what difference it makes just taking the things off the top! I like this so much better. 
I think I should post this picture on my fridge to remind myself that I like this and that it needs to stay this way. (I will not actually do that though because I don't like to have anything on my fridge :P )

The laundry room


There is so much potential for this space, but what can I say...things still get loaded onto the washer and dryer because it is convenient and easy. 


But I like it so much better this way and it should not be that difficult, right??!!


The top of the refrigerator


The top of the fridge also becomes one of those "let me just put this out of reach of the kids and I will get to it later, maybe" spots but that is really not an excuse. 
So tackle it I did....


I know you can't generally see this spot from the angle I took the picture, but that is not the point. It has been cleared and cleaned. So nice to check that off my list! 



1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how much of a difference it makes! As the curious person I am, I wonder what it does to us, how it affects how we feel, our mood, how we feel about our home, not to mention how family members interact...what we focus on, talk about, spend our time doing etc.

    ReplyDelete