Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Jan 5th - The first phase of the challenge has come to an end

Even though we still technically have food left in the fridge, freezer and pantry I have decided to wrap up the challenge for this time.
I finally headed to the grocery last night and I will post about that later, but for now here are the details about the day yesterday:

Breakfast:
- oatmeal waffles (new batch made with flaxseed instead of egg)
- sun butter
- almond butter
- home-canned pear


Lunch:
- whole wheat bread
- multi grain bread
- liver pate
- tuna salad (the last of it)
- pumpkin muffins from the freezer

Dinner:
- Sausage and bean casserole 
- Curried beef
- Rice

Dessert:
- Mango Mousse
- Pear Oven Pancake
     *This was inspired by a recipe posted by my friend's daughter. I used canned pear               instead of apple and I used gluten-free all purpose flour and I used water instead of           milk. It tasted good but looked nothing like the one on her blog which looks sooooo          delicious! I need to try the actual one next! Check out the original
     Simple Winter Apple Oven Pancake Recipe on her blog :) 

By the end of the day yesterday, once I had made my grocery store rounds, I was wiped out so I snapped a few quick pictures then loaded my groceries in the fridge and went straight to bed. I will post the pictures later.

Here is to a successful food challenge and to a newly stocked fridge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment