Thursday, April 9, 2015

Arg!!! Grease Stains

My daughter has a purple t-shirt that is nothing special really, it wasn't even expensive. 
It is a basic, solid colored, dark purple shirt. 
I like this shirt because it is simple and no-frill and it looks cute on her.
It is one of those great basics to have on hand. 

As you can tell I am quite fond of this shirt :)


Now imagine how I felt when I pulled it off the drying rack, 
after the last time it was washed, and it looked like this!!


I have NO IDEA what in the world my child did or spilled on this to make it look like this!
AFTER being washed!


 It looked horrible! 

At first I was convinced this was a completely lost cause,
so I put the shirt aside and forgot about it for a week or so. 

But then my stubborn side got the better of me and I wanted to try to salvage it.

I mean, it wasn't going to get any worse than this right?? 

And I was not letting her wear it looking like this anyhow,
 so what did it matter if I tried to get rid of the stains.



After round 1 of stain removing the shirt looked like this....



It does look much better but the stains are still there :(

By this point my stubbornness is kicking into high-gear! This is not good enough! 

So, I made one final attempt at removing the rest of the stains.


After round 2 of stain removing the shirt looks like this:


This picture is from the laundry room where the other two pictures were taken.
Minimal stains left!!! 
YAY!!


This is a picture in front of the window (in much better light)

Take That Grease Stains!!!  Booyah!!

So, the secret......


Yup, DISH SOAP 
(the mild, clear kind)

1. Generously pour soap on the dry stains

2. Rub the dish soap into the stains with your fingers

3. Fold the shirt with the soap and stains inside and leave it for about 30 min or so 
(do not let the soap dry on the clothing)

4. Rinse and rinse and rinse the shirt under running lukewarm water
(try to get a lot of the soap out or you will have a crazy suds situation!)

5. Wash the shirt, with like colors, in the washing machine

**Because dish soap makes lots of suds, DO NOT ADD DETERGENT!**

(You might also want to do an EXTRA RINSE if you still see suds when the washer is done)


You too can be a grease fighting champion! Good Luck!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment