Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Creamy Dairy Free Chocolate Pudding

I came across a recipe for avocado chocolate pudding by Martha Stewart and, though extremely skeptical at first, I decided to give it a try. It was easy and quick and I have to say I was pleased by the end result. And yes it is dairy free but not calorie free :)

Here is my modified recipe:

Creamy (Dairy Free) Avocado Chocolate Pudding

1 serving

Ingredients:
1/2 large avocado, ripe
2 - 2 1/2 Tblsp light brown sugar
1/4 - 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 Tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
sprinkle of sea salt


Directions:
Add all the ingredients, except the salt, to a small chopper or food processor and blend it until smooth. You might have to adjust the amount of sugar and cocoa you use depending on how flavorful your avocado is. Once the mixture is smooth, chocolaty and creamy add a small sprinkle of sea salt to round out the flavors.

Enjoy!


**I ate mine right away, at room temperature but I am sure it would taste good cold as well.

2 comments:

  1. I never would have considered avacado in "pudding" but I bet it tastes good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite good, actually, I love the texture. I had to add sugar, and the salt is an important ingredient...I forgot it at first.

    ReplyDelete